- So you can choose the evolution of Eevee that you want in Pokémon GO.
If you are from the old school of Pokémon, you will know that evolving Eevee could result in different Pokémon. If we gave him a Fire Stone, he became Flareon; if you gave it a Thunder Stone, it would become Jolteon; finally, if you gave him a Water Stone, he would evolve into Vaporeon. It was a difficult decision since you only got a single Eevee in the entire game, and when choosing an evolution, you were forced to trade it with a friend to get the remaining two.
As you know, in the famous game Pokémon evolve. The case of Eevee is particular: evolution is completely random, or at least that is what was believed. It is true that later more were added, depending on how fond Eevee had for you, whether you evolved it in the morning or at night … there were thousands of variables, and it turns out that Pokémon GO has hidden an easter egg in this Pokémon.
We recommend: How to capture Ditto in Pokémon GO
All Eevee Evolutions
Eevee can evolve in up to 8 different ways. Among them are Pokémon of different generations.
First Generation Eevee Evolutions: Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon. Second Generation Eevee Evolutions: Espeon and Umbreon. Fourth Generation Eevee Evolutions: Leafeon and Glaceon. Sixth Generation Eevee Evolutions: Sylveon.
The trick to choose the evolution of Eevee in Pokémon GO
It turns out that a Reddit user has managed to find the surprise that Niantic had hidden from us. If we want Eevee to evolve into one Pokémon or another, all we have to choose is the name that we are going to give it (and have the 25 candies necessary to evolve it). The good thing is that Pokémon GO appears from time to time, so it will be possible to have all three without any problem.
These are the names you should give Eevee so as not to leave its evolution to chance :
- Sparky will give us a Jolteon.
- Rainer will give us a Vaporeon.
- Pyro will give us a Flareon.
- Sakura will give us an Espeon.
- Tamao will give us a Umbreon.
- Linnea will give us a Leafeon.
- Rea will give us a Glaceon.
Once the name is chosen, we will restart Pokémon GO, then we will give Eevee the 25 candies necessary to evolve, and we will have the Pokémon we wanted.
However, there is a second method in case we want to evolve Espeon and Umbreon, which we explain below, and the same goes for Leafeon and Glaceon.
How to evolve Espeon or Umbreon with the companion trick
There is another method to evolve an Eevee to Espeon or Umbreon, and that is to walk. The process is the following:
- Select the Eevee that we want to evolve as a Pokémon partner.
- Walk 10 kilometers with him.
- Get all 25 candies.
- If we evolve the Pokémon during the day, Eevee will evolve into Espeon, while if we do it at night, Eevee will evolve into Umbreon.
However, it should be noted that even doing all the steps well does not assure us that we will get Espeon or Umbreon, and it may be the case that, instead of them, one of the other evolutions Eevee will come out. Anyway, the normal thing is that it works the first time.
How to evolve Leafeon and Glaceon with Bait Modules
With the arrival of the new Sinnoh Pokémon, Niantic has made three new Bait Modules available to players, including the Glacier and the Mossy. These two Modules will allow us to activate the evolutions from Eevee to Glaceon and Leafeon, respectively.
To do this, we will need the 25 sweets of rigor, and then we will only have to go to a PokéStop and turn the photodisk.
Eevee Evolutions: What’s the Best Evolution?
It is difficult to determine which is the best evolution of Eevee because they are all great Pokémon. Thus, the decision is to see what type of Pokémon we need at that time. Jolteon is electric type, Vaporeon is a water type, Flareon is a fire type, Umbreon is sinister type, Espeon is psychic type, Leafeon is grass type, and Glaceon is ice type. All of them are very good within their respective type.
The good thing is that we can get all the evolutions, so the decision becomes a little easier, and it is only a matter of work to get all the necessary Eevee and then evolve them.
Why can’t I evolve Eevee to the Pokémon I want?
There are several reasons why the methods to evolve Eevee do not work:
- The name is not well spelled: it is important to write the name verbatim, respecting the initial capital letter and spelling it the same.
- We have already done the process once: the name method only works the first time. That is, we can only get a Jolteon, a Vaporeon, a Flareon, an Espeon, and an Umbreon with this method.
- We have not walked the 10 km: evolving to Espeon or Umbreon by the second method; it will only work if we have walked the necessary 10 kilometers.
- We have already got an Espeon or Umbreon with the second method: getting an Espeon or Umbreon with the walking method is only insured once. The next time we try, we will not be guaranteed the evolutions.
- We have achieved the evolution, but not the desired one: as mentioned above, the 10-kilometer method does not assure us that we will get Espeon or Umbreon (although the normal thing is that we do). Any of the other evolutions can come out.
When can we evolve Eevee to Sylveon?
We will still have to wait a bit to get Sylveon’s evolution in Pokémon GO, the only Eevee missing. It is a sixth-generation Pokémon, while the Pokémon found in the game are still the fifth generation.
Have these methods worked for you to get the Eevee evolutions? What is that you like?
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.