- These are all the ways that exist to download Instagram photos from your mobile or your computer.
When you see an image that you like on Instagram and that you might want to have in your gallery to share it with other people, whether or not they have an account on the social network, you have several options. The first, and the one that most resort to, is to take a screenshot and cut it in the gallery, and the second to save it in one of your collections even knowing that, sooner or later, you will probably forget that you saved it. However, there is a third option that is much more convenient, but which by default is not included in Instagram: download the photos to your mobile.
We already saw how to download Instagram videos, both from the mobile phone and computer, even though the social network does not offer the possibility of doing so by default. Now, we will see what the steps to follow to download the images of Instagram posts in the simplest and fastest way possible are.
Download Instagram images to any device
If there is a reason why both Instagram and other social platforms block the possibility of downloading the images and videos of the publications, it is the fact that a good part of the people who try to do so have the intention of re-sharing the content without giving recognition to their authors. Even so, no matter how much Instagram tries to avoid it, there are still tools and solutions to download and save photos in the memory of our mobile, tablet, or computer.
Download photos and images from Instagram on Android
One of the best known and most used is Instg Download for Android. This application does exactly what its name suggests: it allows you to download both the images and the videos inserted in the publications of the social network, and it even has an option to republish the content on Instagram through our profile.
The process to download Instagram images using this application is very simple. Once Instg Download is installed on your device, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the application and grant the necessary permissions.
- Click on the “Open Instagram” button and look for the Instagram publication you want to download the image.
- In the publication, click on the paper plane icon and select the “Copy link” option. Go back to Instg Download.
- The link will have been automatically pasted into the text box at the top. If not, paste it yourself.
- Click on the “Save Image” or “Save Video” buttons, depending on whether it is a photo or a video clip.
- Choose the name of the download file and the path where it will be saved.
With these simple steps, the image will have been stored in the path indicated in the last step of the previous process, and it will be accessible from any file explorer installed on the device or from the gallery.
Download Instagram Photos on iOS
If you use an iPhone to access Instagram, you can also download the images from the social network using an application like Instagram, available for free.
When you have installed it on your mobile, these are the steps you must follow:
- Open the Instagram app and enter your username.
- In the application’s search engine, enter the account’s name from which you want to download Instagram photos.
- Choose the photo you want to download and touch the arrow icon.
To access the images you have downloaded from Instagram, you must go to the Downloads folder or the iPhone reel.
Download Instagram photos on PC online and without an app
The process to download photos from Instagram to your computer is the same as the one we saw to download videos. To do this, it is necessary to resort to a browser extension called Instagram Downloader, which, among other things, allows you to download any multimedia content associated with a publication on the social network, be it video, photo or story.
Using a browser other than Chrome, it is possible to use other alternatives such as Instagram Photo Downloader.
Chrome Web Store | Instagram Downloader
- Open Instagram in its web version from the browser. A menu will appear in the upper right with various settings that are not available by default.
- Access the publication from which you want to save the image, and click on the “download” button in the upper left.
How to download photos from my Instagram?
Unfortunately, Instagram also doesn’t offer an option to download your own photos. In any case, if you want to recover the files of the images that you have already uploaded to your profile, you have the option of resorting to any of the tools that we have discussed before.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.