There is no doubt that the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, which we talked about in Andro4all, is one of the best terminals of the year. It is the top of the range of the Korean firm, which aims to take over the throne of Android in this year 2016.
Today we are going to teach you how to root this terminal in a simple and fast way, so do not lose detail since you surely want to get your hands on your S7 to squeeze it even more. Prepare your mobile and your computer because we are going to get our hands on this machine.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
All you need to do this tutorial is your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and a computer. If you have these requirements, you already have half of the process done:
- The first thing is to download the necessary file to root the phone
- Then you must download Odin from its official page
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery
- Go to settings, phone information, and build number.
- Click 7 times on the build number to activate the development options
- Enable USB debugging
- Go back and activate the option to allow OEM unlocking
- Now open Odin, connect your S7 edge, and let the drivers install on your PC
- Now turn off the phone and press Volume Down + Home + Power; a screen will appear with a warning sign, release the buttons and press the Volume Up button to confirm
- Now, look inside Odin for the AP option; this is where you must put the file CF-Auto-Root-hero2lte-hero2ltexx- that you have previously downloaded
- Hit start, and you’re done
You already have your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge rooted! The process does not erase the data, but it does raise the Knox counter, so we will have problems with the warranty if Samsung wants to. You will also have to flash the ROMs by hand since it can give you problems when updating via OTA.
However, those of us who know the advantages of the root can give up those details in exchange for a better user experience. You can erase all the garbage that Touchwiz does not let you touch and take your S7 to maximum performance.
And you, are you going to root your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge?
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.