WhatsApp conversations can go beyond simple trivial topics of no importance. We have expanded the list of essential WhatsApp tricks to introduce one that can be very useful: saving a conversation on the social platform to keep it safe.
If you have had a key conversation about whose content you are interested in keeping, it is best to export it and save it outside of WhatsApp, protected from possible security flaws, data deletions, etc. Next, we explain step by step the two methods available to save conversations in the service, both very simple.
WhatsApp trick: how to keep a conversation safe
After explaining how to save your WhatsApp photos in Google Photos automatically, we continue with the security tricks to get into saving conversations. Currently, you have two different methods to export these files and send them through the platform of your choice: Gmail, Telegram, WhatsApp itself, Bluetooth, SMS …
In this way, you can not only save your conversations, but you can also share them with other users as a text file. As we said, you have two methods to do it: from the same conversation that you want to save or from the WhatsApp chats tab.
Save a WhatsApp conversation from the same conversation:
- Open WhatsApp and enter the conversation you want to save.
- Click on the three-dot button in the upper right corner.
- Select the More option and, in the new window that opens, click on Export chat.
- Choose if you want to export it with the multimedia files shared in the conversation or not. If you include them, you should bear in mind that the file size will be significantly larger.
- Finally, select where you want to send the chat: another WhatsApp conversation, Gmail, Telegram, SMS, Bluetooth … If you want to keep it safe, a good option is to send it to yourself by email, download the file and save it on your platform preferred storage.
Save a WhatsApp conversation from the chats tab.
- Open WhatsApp and click on the three-dot button in the upper right corner of the main screen.
- Select Settings from the options menu.
- In the new menu, click on the Chats option.
- Then select Chat history.
- Finally, select Export chat and choose the conversation you want to save or send.
- Select whether or not you want to include multimedia files, which will depend on the size of the text file that you will spend or save.
- As in the previous method, the last step is to select the way you are going to send the chat. Again, if you want to save it for personal interest, the best thing is to send it to yourself, download the file and save it on your phone or any memory or storage platform.
In summary, the process consists of selecting the conversation, choosing if you want to include multimedia files or not, and selecting the way you want to send it to save it later. In this way, you can export any WhatsApp conversation that you want to keep safe because, as the title says, you never know when you will need it.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.