It’s the year 2022, and Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have gone from being a little-known technology to one of the most important pieces of our global economy – it’s been an exciting road for investors to invest in crypto transactions. However, there’s still lots to look forward to in the years ahead!
While it’s impossible to predict exactly what the future will hold, some crypto predictions just seem so logical – they could happen next year or ten years from now, but they make sense regardless of when they do come true.
Below highlighted are some crypto predictions that might come true in 2022. Read on to know further.
- Bitcoin Will Be A Globally Accepted Currency-By 2022, Bitcoin will be recognized as a global currency. You’ll be able to use it just about anywhere you want, from buying groceries and paying bills to getting gifts for your friends or travelling to exotic locales.
Traditional investors will flock to Bitcoin, skyrocketing its price into new territory. While some hope that another cryptocurrency will eventually usurp Bitcoin’s market dominance (and/or better its transaction speeds), there are currently no strong contenders for that title. For now, at least, it looks like Bitcoin is here to stay.
- New Digital Assets Will Have Greater Trust Than Gold-Gold has served as a good store of value for thousands of years, but its market cap is small compared to newer digital assets. Think about it like this: $8 trillion worth of gold vs. $200 billion worth of bitcoin (at current prices). The math here isn’t hard to do, and there are signs that more and more investors will turn to new digital assets in search of yield and inflation protection in the coming years.
- Digital Identity Issues Will Be Solved-Cryptocurrency still doesn’t have mainstream adoption due to digital identity issues. Undoubtedly,the complete process of online identity verificationis complicated and time-consuming. Fortunately, some of these issues will be addressed in 2022 as many of today’s big names begin to create solutions for digital identity on their blockchains and networks.
Many companies report issues by implementing self-sovereign identity verification. It won’t be long before such solutions become standard practice, making it easier than ever for people worldwide to adopt cryptocurrency as a means of value exchange.
- Governments Will Move Towards Regulation To Protect Citizens-The majority of money in cryptocurrencies today is held by just a few wealthy investors. If cryptocurrency becomes a real currency, it should be regulated like other currencies, so that’s bound to happen.
When that happens, there will be more oversight into how crypto trading works and why people are suddenly getting really rich (which could lead to more tax revenue for governments).
- The Internet Will Be Decentralized, Rather Than Owned By Corporations-As companies like Facebook come under fire for user data management, it’s easy to imagine a future where users store their information on decentralized networks.
Right now, it’s easy to see a world where we store our information on various social media platforms, but those platforms all work within similar frameworks and offer almost identical services. But if all our information is stored on peer-to-peer networks instead of social media sites—and accessible by all websites—it could level out some of that disparity. Theoretically, at least.
- People Will Be Able To Invest In Technological Inventions Online-An invention called a Security TokenOffering (STO) is becoming popular similar to initial coin offerings. It’s essentially an investment opportunity where people can purchase small pieces of new blockchain technology. To some extent, many traditional investors don’t want to be involved with digital currencies, but they are willing to put money into blockchain technology.
Wrapping it up !!!
The world of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is constantly changing. And its dynamism is unhidden. We have discussed a few different predictions for what might happen with these technologies over time, it’s important to remember that nothing can be accurately predicted when it comes to investing in Bitcoins and other forms of cryptocurrencies. This market works on speculations, but with some basic research and understanding of the market performance, you can predict the right investment stratery.
Taylor is a freelance SEO copywriter and blogger. His areas of expertise include technology, pop culture, and marketing.