Forwarding calls and messages is a simple inbuilt feature that works well in most android and iOS devices. Forwarding typically involves setting up your device to push calls and messages to a set email. Depending on the type of phone you’re using, there are different methods you can use to forward calls and texts to another phone.
Forwarding Calls using android settings
Android device users can quickly forward call using the default Android operating system. To set up;
- Open your phone and the Menu icon
- Go to settings and choose call settings
- If that option is not available, go to the home screen and swipe down.
- Tap the Cellular Carrier to forward the calls.
- You will see these options; always forward, forward when unanswered, forward when busy, or forward when unreached.
- Set the number you want to forward the calls.
- Click the Enable icon, and all will be set.
Once you’re done, the Call Forwarding icon will appear at the top of your screen. To disable the process, you can touch the disable icon after following the above setup.
Forwarding calls using dial codes.
Alternatively, you can forward calls using dial codes.
- For unconditional call forwarding, you can dial *21*
- To forward calls when your line is busy, out of range, or the owner doesn’t pick up. Dial *004*
- If you want the calls to forward when active, dial *67*.
- To forward calls when the owner doesn’t pick up, dial *61*.
- If the number is out of range, dial *62*.
To use the above-given codes;
- Open the Caller app in your app list.
- Select one of the codes given and enter the number you want all the calls to forward to, and add the # icon.
- For example, if you want to forward calls when busy; dial *67* 000-000-0000#
- Press the Call button to set up.
This method is straightforward to use and can be used in both button phones and Smartphone
How to forward text messages on android phones
Once in a while, you might have many people you want to send the same message to. However, it can be hectic to repeat the same message every time. You want to know how to forward messages, follow these simple steps.
Forward text messages to another phone number;
- First of all, go to the messaging app and find the text you want to forward.
- Long press the message to select it.
- Once you choose the message, three dots will appear at the top of your screen.
- Click the dots and tap on the Forward icon.
- A list of people in your contact list will appear.
- Tap the contact of all the people you want to forward messages to.
- If it’s a new message, tap the New Message icon and search for contacts you want to send to.
- Once you’ve selected all the preferred contacts, tap the Send button to complete the process.
Forwarding text messages using Android Assistant
You can forward messages using a third-party app like the Coolmuster Android Assistant. This app is ideal if you want to secretly forward messages from one android device to the other.
Moreover, you can use the app to send or reply to messages using your computer. Also, you can use the app to delete unwanted messages, import or export messages, and reset messages with ease.
To use the app:
- Download and install the app on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your phone to the computer using Wi-Fi or a USB cable.
- Your device messaging section will be displayed on the screen. Locate the thread you want to forward.
- Tap on the Arrow icon, and the contact list will appear on your screen.
- Select the contact that will receive the forwarded message.
- Select the Send icon to complete the process.
To forward message from one android phone to the other using the SMS forwarding app:
- Go to your phone’s main menu and tap the Google Play Store icon.
- Look for a suitable messaging app like the SMS Forwarder.
- Tap the Download icon to download the app.
- Once you complete downloading the app, it will appear on your home screen.
- To use the app, first set it using your Google account.
- Once you set the app, enable the SMS Forwarding icon for the messages to be forwarded.
- Tap the number you want the messages to be submitted to complete the process.
If you want to forward messages to your email, follow the following process directly.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install a messaging app that will automatically forward messages to your email.
- Before you download the app, first check there are positive reviews regarding the app.
- Once you’re contented, download and run the application.
- Open the app and key in your email address that you’d like to receive the messages.
- Once set, the messages are diverted to the email. Ensure your phone is connected to the Wi-Fi.
Forwarding calls and messages on iPhone
iPhone users can also forward calls to another phone number. It is pretty easy to set and forward calls.
Forward calls using AT & T or any other GSM carrier
You can select and forward calls using the GSM setting app.
On your phone;
- Go to the setting app on your home screen.
- Tap the Phone icon.
- A call forwarding icon will appear; tap it.
- A button will appear. Swipe the button to the right to activate.
- Tap the Forward To icon and key in the number to forward the calls to.
- Finally, tap the allow button, and you will be all set.
If you want to stop call forwarding, follow the same process but swipe to the left to disable the action.
Forwarding calls with Verizon and other CDMA carriers
If your phone is a CDMA carrier, you can quickly forward contact by following these simple steps.
- Open your Caller app and press the keypad available at the bottom of your screen.
- Dial *72 and enter the phone number you want to forward calls to. For example, dial -72 (123) 456-7890
- Click the dial button to activate the process.
- The standard carrier codes are; Sprint dial *720, Verizon, dial *73, Boost Mobile *720.
To cancel call forwarding, dial 73* alone or dial ##21#.
Message forwarding on iPhone
You can easily forward messages to your Mac or any other Apple device.
To forward messages;
- Go to the iPhone’s home screen and tap the Setting icon.
- Scroll down, and you will see the Messages icon.
- Tap the Send and Receive icon.
- If you’re using Mac, go to Messages, and click the Preferences.
- Click the iMessage icon.
- For the iPhone, go to the Setting app and click Messages, and then Text Message Forwarding.
- Set up the device that you want to receive your messages.
- A verification code will appear on the target devices. Enter the code to verify.
- Ensure you’re connected to Wi-Fi for you to receive the messages.
To forward older texts;
- Go to your messaging app and find the message you want to forward.
- Long-press the message and three dots will appear on your left side.
- Tap more and choose the number you want to forward the messages to. A curved arrow will appear. Enter the number if it’s a new recipient.
- Tap the Send icon. The icon looks like an arrow pointing upwards.
There are many reasons that would make you forward call and text messages. However, dealing with the local provider while forwarding your calls can be hectic. To make your life more efficient, you can use the above ways to set up your android or iPhone. You can set up the call and message forwarding from your local setting or install a third–party app.
Denis is an article/blog and content writer with over 3 years of experience in writing on different niches, including product reviews, buyer’s guide, health, travel, fitness, technology, tourism. I also have enough experience in SEO writing.