- So you can cancel your Spotify Premium subscription from PC super easily.
Spotify is one of the largest streaming and podcast service platforms worldwide. However, it is not the only one that offers these types of services. Currently, other apps perform similar functions; among them, we can highlight: Apple Music and Tidal.
And even though Spotify is still in the limelight as one of the best alternatives for listening to music, some users and consumers of this type of content decide to unsubscribe from the platform, either because they found other options or simply because they no longer want to continue. But how can I safely cancel my account? With the service.
In this article, we will show you the definitive method to unsubscribe from Spotify from your PC and completely delete any record that the application has of you.
How to safely cancel your Spotify account?
Canceling your Spotify Premium account or unsubscribing from the platform is a relatively easy procedure and will not take more than a couple of minutes. Remember that despite canceling your account, you can continue to enjoy the service in its free version; the only difference is that advertisements will appear. Now, to unsubscribe from Spotify, follow these simple steps:
- Enter the official website of Spotify and places the account credentials you want to cancel from your computer.
- Locate in the upper right part of the screen the option “Profile” and click on it. Next, it will display different options; click on the one that says “Account”.
- This section will show all the information about your account. Go directly to the left side and click on “Available plans” .
- At the time of accessing this option, you will have the information about the plan that you are currently paying. To unsubscribe from Spotify, simply go to the bottom and click the “Cancel Premium” option, and that’s it.
It should be noted that if you only have half of the month corresponding to the plan, you can enjoy the rest of the days with the Premium version. And when starting a new month, no charge will be credited to your card.
Why can’t I cancel my Spotify subscription?
If when you want to cancel your Spotify account, some problems have arisen, such as, for example, the option to “Cancel Premium” is not available, most likely your account has been opened from a third-party application such as iTunes or a data provider.
In these cases, you must contact the company that manages the subscription payment. And if you subscribed through iTunes, check out Apple’s guide to managing in-app subscriptions.
How to permanently delete your Spotify account?
The procedure to cancel your Spotify account or unsubscribe from the platform does not guarantee the complete deletion of your information. To completely erase all personal information from the system database, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Spotify platform and enter your credentials. Keep in mind that before doing this procedure, you must unsubscribe from your subscription.
- Then, click on the following link. This link will automatically redirect you to the Spotify support section.
- The page will show different options; click on “I want to close my account.”
- To finish, click on the option “Close account.”
In this way, you have completely deleted your Spotify data, and you will no longer have to pay for Spotify; Of course, if in the future you want to enter the platform, you must create a new account, regardless of whether it is with the same email since for Spotify you will be a new user.
If you liked this article, you might be interested in how to unsubscribe from Spotify Premium from an Android mobile or tablet or how to get Spotify Premium cheaper than normal.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.