What is a Logo?
It’s a symbol that an organization uses to promote its image and branding. It also includes graphical marks or emblems used by commercial enterprises and individuals who used this Effective Logo Design to promote public recognition.
The logotype is a design used by an institution as advertising material and signs in such a way that the company bearing that logo can easily be recognized in front of the public. A basic logo symbol simply includes texts and images which help in the promotion of the brands.
Types of Logo
3 types of logos are present which are used by logo designers-
Symbolic logos- these are the graphic symbols that link to the branding of any company. A common example of the symbolic logo is Nike and shell oil, whose logo symbols have not changed yet from 1971.
Font-based logos- these logo consists primarily a treatment type that makes these logo more different and effective. Example of font-based logo is IBM, Sony, and Microsoft.
Illustrative Logos- this logo describes the services of a company. For example, a brush is used in a logo for a house-painting company.
The creation of a logo is not a simple task. You need to follow many logo design guidelines to create the logo for your company. The logo creation process involves making many decisions, such as choosing the color, fonts, layouts, and symbols.
The logo must be made such that it should have an iconic design. As it encloses all the essence of your branding and business, so, it must be done following all the logo design guidelines so that a perfect logo can be constructed.
For an effective Logo design, certain steps must be followed by each logo designer-
- Researching or knowing the brand properly.
- Reflecting the nature of business in the logo.
- Learning about all the elements and processes of logo design.
- Getting the ideas of fonts, color, and symbols and using them in a planned way.
- Creation of logo.
- The logo must be kept simple and scalable.
- Testing and finalizing the logo.
1. Get the correct information from the client and make your message clear- the logo that will be used for promoting your business must be well designed. The logo is used to promote branding and business. So, it must be more than graphics, colors, and the fonts which are used.
For creating an outstanding logo, critical thinking is needed. After that, inputs must be done in a creative manner. Then planning must be done in a systematic manner so that the brand name can be build up.
Marketing research is the most so that communication between the audience and company can occur smoothly and effectively.
You must be very clear and 100% sure about the message which you want to convey to the targeted audience. You need to articulate the entire message you want to convey in that logo.
2. Research your brand– it’s one of the most critical steps during any process involving logo making. You just need to set up a solid foundation in order to make your logo successful and long-lasting, and for that, you first need to research.
Any organization gains creditability and becomes recognizable in the market only after creating a solid identity. Many logo design company in Surat suggests thinking on the particular questions before creating a logo-
Who are the real customers, and what brands do they like the most?
You need to know about the ideal customer and the marketing strategy, and the market so that a better understanding of the vision can be made. Try to know the liking and disliking of your client, their lifestyle, their buying decisions, and many more.
Secondly, try to study the logos and website of the competitor client. It will help you to understand the direction in which you want to proceed. It will also help to differentiate the logo between you and your competitor.
Also, make a list of your brand attribute. It must include all the features, benefits, and values which your company is serving and should be known for. The logo must be fully reflecting the nature of your business.
Colors, font styles, and images in the logo must reflect the service you provide or the business which you run.
3. Impression through unique logo design is very crucial– logo design must be made by following the logo design guidelines so that a lasting impression can be set on the customers. Your logo must be unique so that it can stand upright in this competitive market.
4. Colors must be used in a planned way in the logo– for an Effective logo design, these colors play a very crucial role. Colors represent the emotions that you want to convey.
The red color in the logo suggests that your brand is very aggressive and energetic. It also signifies that your company/brand targets young customers. Blue is the dominant color. The blue color in the logo stands for togetherness. Most of the social platform that’s why has blue color in their logo.
If you want your company to grab the customers’ attention, you just need to use bright and bold colors. Every color evokes emotions. So carefully use these colors to make your logo effective.
5. Select the fonts correctly- typefaces/fonts speak about the personality of your brand. So you must choose wisely for your logo. Before selecting the typefaces for your logo, you must be aware of the company you are making a logo for.
Toy company logos basically contain handwritten typefaces. You must be aware of your target customers and create the logo containing typefaces which the company desires.
6. Choose which logo type you want to have- if you want your logo to contain your company name, then you can go for logotypes.
In this type of logo, the company name will be easily visible to the customers, which also aids in your company’s branding. If you choose to have symbols in your logo, you need to invest a lot in creating awareness about the brand name.
Lastly, for creating an effective logo design, you must know all the details of the brand. The logo must be unique, simple, and convey your brand message.
7. Know what your audience wants – your logo design will be the face of your business, so careful thought must be placed on choosing the graphics, fonts, patterns, and colors. Market research is essential to determine what your target market wants including their design preferences and the best ways to communicate with them. It will help establish a good relationship with your audience as you build your brand.
Your logo will go with your business for years to come until you decide to revamp or change it. Therefore, consider how it will translate into online and offline marketing materials including your product packaging. Many businesses benefit from investing in custom product packaging to have full control over their packaging design and ensure the best quality results. This kind of consistency will give them a better customer experience and make you more memorable, prompting them to stay loyal to your business.
Taylor is a freelance SEO copywriter and blogger. His areas of expertise include technology, pop culture, and marketing.