The Sims 4 has already become a free game, so you won’t have to pay anything to download and play its base game. Therefore, today we will tell you how and where to download The Sims 4 for free on your computer or your console, mentioning all the alternatives.
Here, it would be best if you kept in mind that what is free is the base game, but then you will have to pay to buy and install extensions or content packs to add more features or furniture to the game. Bearing this in mind, we will summarize the methods you have to download The Sims 4 for free.
Where to download The Sims 4 for free
Next, we are going to leave you a list of the options you have to download The Sims 4 for free on your computer and console. Here, remember that the data of the games of your games will be centralized through your EA profile, so even if you download it on the console you will have to link your Electronic Arts account.
- The Sims 4 on EA App: You will be able to download the game in this new generation application that is available on Windows. You have it on its official website, and you need an EA account to use it.
- The Sims 4 on Steam: In the online video game store you can download and play the game, but only on Windows. You have the game available on your Steam profile, and you will have to download the platform app on your PC to download the game.
- The Sims 4 on Origin: On this EA video game platform, the game is available for both Windows and macOS. You can download this platform and download the game through it on its official website.
- The Sims 4 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5: You can download it for free on any of the two consoles through the PlayStation Store.
- The Sims 4 on Xbox: It is available for free for Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X through the Xbox store.
The procedure is very simple on any of the platforms. The only thing you have to do is look for the game in them, and when you buy them you will see that you can download it for free. So you download it and start it, and when you log in for the first time you’ll have to link your EA account.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.