Something as simple as the flashlight of your mobile hides much more secrets than you imagine. Although you have to be careful with the flashlight apps that are installed, once you have found the most suitable one, you can take it one level further if you decide to configure it to be activated quickly in any situation.
And there are few things more frustrating than getting lost between the mobile menus trying to activate the flashlight just when you need a light to illuminate you. Therefore, in this guide, we will explain how you can configure your mobile to activate the flashlight most comfortably for you: by shaking the mobile, pressing a button, or even whistling.
Probably the easiest and fastest way to activate the flashlight of a mobile, whatever brand it is, is by pressing one of its buttons.
Unfortunately, most manufacturers do not include this option by default in their devices. To be able to use it, it is necessary to resort to third-party applications and tools. In this case, we have chosen two:
This great free open source app allows you to thoroughly configure the use of the flashlight on your Android mobile. One of its most useful functions is the possibility of activating the flashlight by pressing the two volume buttons on the mobile at the same time.
To use Torchie on your mobile, you have to follow these steps:
- Download the app safely and for free from F-Droid.
- Install the APK on your device.
- Open the application and grant it accessibility permissions (necessary to use the buttons to activate the flashlight).
- Return to the application, and try to activate the flashlight by pressing the two volume buttons on your mobile simultaneously.
That is all. Thus, the app will have been configured, and you will be able to turn on the mobile flashlight with a simple press on the buttons, regardless of whether the mobile screen is on or off or whether it is locked.
Flashlight Power Button
Its name says it all: this application allows you to activate or deactivate the flashlight with the power button of your mobile. Like the previous one, it relies on Android accessibility services that allow you to use the buttons. Using it is as simple as following these steps:
- After installing the app, available for free on Google Play, open it for the first time.
- Accept the indicated options and grant access permissions to the application.
3. Tap the mobile power button three times to turn the flashlight on or off.
Although it is a much simpler app than the previous one, it lacks extra functions that we can find in Torchie, such as the possibility of preventing the flashlight from turning on while we have the mobile in our pocket.
Activate the flashlight with your fingerprint
The fingerprint reader of your mobile can be used for much more than you imagine. If you have a Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung, LG, or any other brand terminal with a fingerprint reader, you can use it to turn on the flashlight of your terminal.
To do this, you have to make sure you have a mobile with a capacitive fingerprint reader and support for gestures. Therefore, those devices that have a fingerprint sensor integrated into the screen are of no use.
In addition, you will need to have an app that allows you to enable this option, such as Fingerprint Gestures. Once installed, these are the steps you must follow:
- Open the app and grant it the necessary permissions.
- Activate the switch at the top of the app that says “Enable Fingerprint Gestures.”
- Select the gesture you want to activate the flashlight (one tap, double, or swipe).
- Choose the action you want to happen. In this case, you must select “Flashlight.”
- To test its operation, perform the chosen gesture on the fingerprint reader.
The flashlight should turn on and off when you touch the fingerprint reader or perform the gesture you have chosen. Without a doubt, it is one of the most convenient options when using flash, especially if you have a mobile phone with a fingerprint reader on the back.
Activate the flashlight by shaking the mobile
Motorola was a pioneer by including the option to activate the mobile flashlight by shaking it with its “Moto Actions.” This function can be taken to many other mobiles thanks to applications such as Shake Light, totally free and in Spanish.
Its operation is effortless, and one of its advantages is that it works on practically any Android mobile: This is the process you must follow to activate it:
- Install the app on your mobile and open it.
- Flip the switch at the bottom.
- Shake the mobile to activate or deactivate the flashlight.
- You can also configure some aspects, such as the sensitivity of the app when shaking the device.
Activate the mobile flashlight by whistling
The last option that we will explain in this guide is to activate the mobile flashlight by whistling.
At first, you might doubt the reason for wanting to activate the flashlight by whistling, but the truth is that it is a most convenient function in certain situations, for example, when you can not find your mobile and the flashlight can help you identify it in a dark environment or at night.
In this case, the application we need is “Whistle Flashlight.” With it, whistle to the mobile, and the flashlight will be activated even when the screen is off. Using it is that easy:
- Install the app and open it.
- Activate the indicated settings. You may have to grant some permissions.
- Try whistling to your mobile. The flashlight should turn on or off.
As you can see, there are many ways to turn on or turn off the flashlight of your mobile, each one more convenient -or curious-. Whichever option you have chosen, it will undoubtedly be much faster than having to search for access to the flashlight in the settings of your mobile.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.