Step by step, we explain the different methods to remove all the annoying ads from your Android mobile from brands like Samsung and Xiaomi.
Ads are one of the most annoying elements when using the smartphone because no user likes having to constantly see advertising when using the terminal. However, removing all advertising to be able to use the mobile freely is possible. In this guide, we explain the different methods available to remove all ads from an Android mobile.
Advertising is present in many sections of the phone, from the web browser to Facebook, passing through the messages application. In addition, manufacturers such as Samsung and Xiaomi also introduce their ads on their terminals. Next, we analyze at length the presence of advertising on Android mobiles to explain how to get rid of them.
- Eliminate advertising from your Android mobile completely
- Remove pop-ups from Chrome
- Remove apps with ads
- Eliminate spam SMS
- Remove ads from YouTube and Spotify
- Remove Facebook Ads
- Remove ads from your Samsung mobile
- Disable personalization service
- Stop advertising notifications
- Remove advertising from your Xiaomi mobile
Eliminate advertising from your Android mobile completely
There are numerous services and applications on your Android mobile in which you can find advertising. Next, we see how to remove the ads from each of these sections.
Remove pop-ups from Chrome
Of course, you may encounter advertisements when browsing Google Chrome, not only as banner ads on the web pages you visit but also as pop-ups. These pop-up windows can be annoying and difficult to close, so it is best to block them.
Fortunately, Chrome has an automatic pop-up blocker. This tool may have been disabled on your mobile, which causes those ads to continue to appear. You can turn Chrome’s pop-up blocker back on, or check that it’s on, by following this process:
- Open Google Chrome on your mobile.
- Click on the three dots button in the upper right corner.
- In the options menu, click on the “Settings” section.
- Go to “Sites settings”.
- Go to “Pop-up windows and redirections” and check that the box is unchecked, as this means that pop-up windows cannot appear. You can also go into “Ads” to see that the tool is disabled and thus invasive or misleading ads are blocked.
If, after this check, the pop-ups continue to appear on your mobile when browsing with Google Chrome, it may be the fault of malicious software that has been installed on your terminal. Therefore, you will have to proceed to remove the virus from your phone.
Remove apps with ads
When downloading third-party apps from the Google Play Store or alternative methods, there is a chance that they will invade your phone with advertisements in the form of notifications and even full-screen ads when you have other apps open. To know what application it is, and to be able to act against it, what you have to do is open the Multitasking screen. The last app to appear will be the one that is showing the app and the one that you have to close.
Another option to remove ads is to pay for the premium version of the app, i.e. subscribe to the paid version. This is usually the best option to get rid of ads while still enjoying the app’s features.
Finally, if you don’t want to support the ads and also don’t want to pay for the premium version, it is best to remove the apps with ads. It’s as simple as going to Settings> Applications, accessing the page of the application you want to remove, and clicking on the “Uninstall” button.
Eliminate spam SMS
Advertising appears even in text messages on your mobile, something that is not a dish of good taste. However, the Android messaging app blocks spam SMS automatically since the end of December 2018, this being another of the most interesting native functions of this operating system. If you continue to receive advertising text messages, you can follow these steps to activate the blocker or check that it is still active :
- Open the “Messages” app on your mobile.
- Click on the three dots button that appears in the right corner of the browser.
- Go to “Settings” and then “Spam protection”.
- Check the “Enable spam protection” box.
- Finally, on the main screen, you can click on the three-dot button again and enter “Spam and blocked” to see which spam messages the messaging app has automatically blocked.
Remove ads from YouTube and Spotify
If you are a regular user of YouTube and Spotify, you will know that these two streaming platforms show ads every so often in their free versions. Before watching videos or listening to music, you have to wait a few seconds while watching or listening to selected ads. If this advertising bothers you, there is a clear solution: subscribe to the paid versions of both platforms.
On the one hand, there is YouTube Premium, which allows you to do without ads, to be able to download content watch it offline, and watch videos in the background. This service offers a free first month for you to try it, to cost 11.99 euros per month later. It should be noted that there are other options to try YouTube Premium for free, so you can try those methods.
If you intend to listen to your favorite music without ads, you can subscribe to Spotify Premium. Other advantages of this service are being able to skip all the songs you want and being able to download them to your devices to listen to them without an Internet connection. There are several options to try Spotify Premium for free, so you can use it for a few days to see if this paid version suits you. If you want the individual plan, it is priced at 9.99 euros per month.
In short, the best option to remove ads from YouTube and Spotify is to subscribe to some of their paid plans.
Remove Facebook Ads
Yes, Facebook also has ads. It is enough to spend a few minutes browsing the social network to see how the algorithm shows personalized advertising to its users. Unfortunately, it is not possible to eliminate Facebook ads, since they are an essential part of the platform’s survival, but you can ensure that they are not personalized based on your personal information and interests. This is the process:
- Open the Facebook application on your mobile.
- Click on the menu with three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down and enter “Settings and privacy”.
- Go into “Settings”.
- Within the “Permissions” section, access “Ad Preferences”.
- Enter the “Ad settings” section, at the top right, because here are the most important sections to configure the advertising that Facebook shows you.
- Access the “Partner data about your activity” section and deactivate all your accounts so that Facebook cannot take data from them to show you personalized ads.
- Repeat this procedure with all the “Ad Settings” tools to disable all options that involve the collection of personal information for advertising personalization.
Another option to remove Facebook ads is to hide them directly when they appear in the “feed”. This means that this company will not show you the same ad again, since you have confirmed that you are not interested. This is how you can hide an ad when it appears on Facebook:
- Click on the three dots button that appears in the upper right corner of the ad.
- In the options menu, select “Hide Ad”.
- Indicate why the ad does not interest you and it will be hidden forever.
Remove ads from your Samsung mobile
It is one of the most negative points of Samsung mobiles, we often say it when we have the opportunity to analyze their models. We refer to advertising, which appears even on the most expensive mobile phones of the firm. At the moment, there is no 100% effective method to remove this advertisement, but you can do something to avoid seeing ad notifications on Samsung mobiles.
Disable personalization service
The first thing you can do with your Samsung mobile is to deactivate the personalization service so that the firm stops using your data to show you one or another advertisement. This is something that you can do directly if you configure your Samsung Galaxy correctly for the first time, although it is normal that you accept this service without realizing it at the beginning.
To disable the personalization service, you can follow these steps:
- Open your mobile settings and tap on your username to access your Samsung account settings.
- Enter the “Privacy” section.
- Go to the “Customization service” section.
- Uncheck the “Personalize this phone” box.
From the “Personalization services” section you can also download the data that Samsung has collected about you, as well as delete it completely. Lastly, you can also set the signature to stop collecting data on all the devices you have linked to your Samsung account.
Stop advertising notifications
The most common method that Samsung uses to show you advertising is pushed notifications that inform you about upcoming company launches, offers, and other information of interest. Fortunately, you can turn off these notifications so they don’t bother you anymore. If one of these notifications appears, you can block them forever by long pressing on it.
If Samsung hasn’t sent you any, but you want to block them anyway, follow these steps to do so permanently:
- Enter the settings of your Samsung mobile.
- Access the “Applications” section.
- Click on “Galaxy Store”.
- Go to “Notifications”.
- Uncheck the “Promotions” box, which may also be called “Events.”
You can repeat this procedure with other Samsung applications that show you advertising, such as Samsung Health. Go to Settings > Apps > Samsung Health > Notifications and turn off business notifications. Progressively, application by application, you can eliminate advertising on your Samsung mobile.
Remove advertising from your Xiaomi mobile
As in Samsung, advertising is one of the most negative aspects of Xiaomi smartphones. Ads are very common in MIUI, although you can apply various changes to reduce their presence. To do this, you must first make sure that your mobile is connected to the Internet. Once this aspect has been verified, do this to remove the advertising from your Xiaomi cell phone:
- Enter the settings of your Xiaomi mobile.
- Tap on “Passwords and security”.
- Go to “Authorization and revocation”.
- Uncheck the “msa” box, you must wait a few seconds to be able to click on the “Revoke” button. If the system tells you it can’t be done, try again until it lets you.
Another procedure that you must follow to eliminate advertising from your Xiaomi mobile is the following:
- Enter the Xiaomi mobile settings.
- Tap on “Passwords and security”.
- Go to “Privacy”.
- Scroll down and go to “Advertising Services”.
- Uncheck the “Personalized ad recommendations” box.
If you follow the steps explained in all the above procedures, you will be able to say goodbye to the annoying advertising that often invades your smartphone. They are simple methods , so it will not take you any time to apply them to eliminate the ads in the different sections of the cell phone once and for all.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.