Every business should undergo regular pen-testing in order to ensure its security. Businesses are more vulnerable than ever before to cyberattacks in today’s climate. A recent study found that 63% of all organizations worldwide with a valuation of over $500 million experienced some kind of cyberattack in the past year, and 60 percent said they had been attacked at least once per month.
Pentesting, short for “penetration testing,” is an important process that businesses should undertake to ensure their security. Pentesting helps you find vulnerabilities in your system and figure out how to better protect them. There are several options for finding a pentest business if you’re searching for one. This article provides information on the major 8 pen-testing companies in the US, including what types of services they offer and how they can help you.
Pentesting is an essential process for businesses to undergo because it will help you identify security issues before someone else does, and allow you to fix them before they become bigger problems. Regular pen-tests can also show how your business’s infrastructure has changed over time so that any existing bugs or vulnerabilities can be found and fixed as soon as possible!
What Is Pentesting?
The practice of hacking a computer system or network for flaws is known as pen-testing. Pentesters (penetration testers) use various methods to attempt to exploit vulnerabilities in order to determine how much damage could be done. Pentesting can help you identify security issues before someone else does, and allows you to fix them before they become a bigger problem.
Top 8 Pentesting Companies In U.S.A
There are many reputable companies available that provide various types of pentest services! They have different pricing structures depending on what type of testing you need (black box, white box, gray box), and they may have different services depending on the type of pentest you need (application testing, network pen testing, etc.).
Here are some options to choose from:
- Astra Security: They offer a comprehensive pen testing solution called Astra Pentest which includes vulnerability scanning, vulnerability management, VAPT, software penetration testing, and manual and automated pen-testing.
- Absolute Network Solutions: They offer both black and gray-box security tests for an hourly rate which decreases as packages increase. They can also provide assistance with vulnerability management, risk assessments, wireless audits, and access point configuration reviews. Their information technology consultants come from a variety of backgrounds such as Computer Science/MIS; Management Information Systems; Engineering; Telecommunications; Business Administration-Accounting & Finance, etc. The company has been in business since 2008 and is based out of Texas.
- Axon Cyber: They develop customized solutions that allow companies to reduce their cyber risk. They offer a variety of services, including penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, and security training. Axon Cyber is headquartered in Maryland.
- BluVector: They offer both black box and white box pen-testing services for an hourly rate. They can also perform red teaming, incident response, and malware analysis in addition to other services like that. BluVector is based out of Virginia.
- Coalfire Systems: They have been providing cybersecurity solutions since 2001. They offer a variety of services such as Compliance & Risk Management; Vulnerability Assessments; Penetration Testing; Security Operations etc. Coalfire has offices located in California, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York Texas, and Washington D.C.
- Fishnet Security: They provide information security services to customers all over the world. They offer a variety of services such as Penetration Testing; Vulnerability Assessments; Threat Intelligence; Incident Response etc. Fishnet Security has offices located in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, and Virginia.
- SecurityMetrics: They offer a wide range of pen-testing services starting at $795 per scan. They are also able to provide other services such as website security scanning, email security scanning, and social media security scanning. SecurityMetrics is headquartered in Utah.
- Tenable Network Security: They offer pen-testing services for an hourly rate with discounts for volume purchases. Tenable is also able to provide a variety of other services such as vulnerability assessments, compliance audits, and security awareness training. Tenable Network Security is headquartered in Maryland.
These are just some of many reputable companies that offer pen-testing services. Do your homework to discover the business that best meets your needs!
There are many reputable companies available that provide various types of pentest services! They have different pricing structures depending on what type of testing you need (black box/Whitebox/gray box they may also offer other services such as red teaming, incident response, vulnerability management, risk assessments) . Do your research to see which company will work best for you and your needs!
Ankit Pahuja is the Marketing Lead & Evangelist at Astra Security. Ever since his adulthood (literally, he was 20 years old), he began finding vulnerabilities in websites & network infrastructures. Starting his professional career as a software engineer at one of the unicorns enables him in bringing “engineering in marketing” to reality. Working actively in the cybersecurity space for more than 2 years makes him the perfect T-shaped marketing professional. Ankit is an avid speaker in the security space and has delivered various talks in top companies, early-age startups, and online events.