All Android phones need to be associated with your Google account to access services and applications. Mobiles Xiaomi, in addition to using the service Google, has their account called My.
The Mi account creates backups that keep all personal content, such as photos, contact lists, etc., safe. And link different devices Xiaomi to the same Mi account user.
What happens when you change mobile and need to unlink the account so that no traces of your personal information remain there?
If we are not going to use the more IM account any and want to delete it completely, we have to do to unlink all the devices linked to it so that we can later delete it permanently. In the case of devices such as the MI Band or others from Xiaomi, unlinking each one from its corresponding app is advisable to avoid linking errors that may arise later.
How to unlink all devices from Xiaomi account
Before completely deleting your IM account, you must know that all data and content associated with the account will be erased. It will not be possible to recover it again.
The most advisable thing is to carry out the process from a PC, but if this is not possible, it is necessary to log out of the MI account from the cell phone before starting the process.
The steps to start unlinking all the devices associated with the Mi account are these:
- In your PC browser, access Mi Cloud through this link: HTTPS://i.mi.com and connect to your MI account. In MI Cloud, you will be able to see all the content synchronized with your device: contact list, notes, messages, photos, etc. You will also be able to see all the devices associated with the account .
- To unlink all devices, you must go to Settings.
- Next, a list of linked devices will be shown; you will have to select them one by one and then click on the button Delete Device to delete them.
If you wish, you can also revoke the permissions granted to applications with access to the account information.
How to delete Xiaomi account (My Account)
The deletion of the Mi account is an irreversible process; you will not be able to recover the data once deleted
Now, once the devices have been unlinked, let’s see the steps to follow to delete the account :
- To delete the version, you have to access the following URL https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/del
- Next, you must connect to your account, and the instructions to delete your account will automatically begin. As a warning, you will be shown a message indicating that this process is irreversible and that all linked services will be lost.
- You will have to tick the checkmark in the message, “Yes, I want to delete my account from Mi and all its data permanently.”
- Click on the button Delete My Account .
- The system will send you a verification code to your email that you must enter within 60 seconds.
- Before continuing, you will see the following message on the screen ” make sure that you have out of My Account logged on all devices. If you delete your account before logging out, you may not be able to use these devices usually.” Then press Delete Account .
- You will see a notification stating that the account was successfully deleted.
Is it possible to delete a Xiaomi account without a password?
If you forgot the password for your Mi account, you would have to reset it to carry out the process of deleting the account.
To reset your account password, follow these steps:
- Enter the website Xiaomi.
- Enter your email or phone number linked to your Xiaomi account.
- Next, you must enter a captcha; Xiaomi will send you a verification code to your email or phone number.
- Enter the code you received to enable the option to Enter a new password.
Once you have changed the password, the data will be saved, and you will usually be able to access your Mi account.
Now all you have to do is follow the steps we mentioned before to delete your account permanently.
What to do if we have a blocked Xiaomi account?
If your Mi account is blocked and you have no way to recover it, a solution may be to contact Xiaomi to help you recover the report through a server unlock.
After you have requested the unlocking, you will have to wait a few days for the notification from Xiaomi to unblock the account.
Before starting, you need to have the program installed on your PC Mi Flash Pro, which will help you with the process.
The steps to follow are:
- Disconnect the mobile from the Wi-Fi network.
- Press on the padlock several times until the code that will allow you to obtain the IMEI of the device appears.
- Please copy the code or take a photo of it, so you don’t lose it.
- Then you will see a screen in which account data appears and asks you to enter a password; you must save an image of that.
- Next, with the Mi Flash Pro program open on the PC, you must put the mobile in mode Recovery. To do this, press and hold the power button and the volume up button simultaneously.
- When the phone turns off, keep pressing the volume up button for a few seconds.
- The screen will display the Main Menu and the options Reboot, Wipe Data and Connect With MiAssistant. It would help if you chose the last option.
- Press the power button.
- With the option Recovery selected in My Flash Pro and on the mobile, place the USB cable to connect the mobile with the computer.
- After a few seconds, on the computer screen, the IMEI number of the mobile will appear .
- Turn on the mobile again.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- When the mobile has connected to Wi-Fi, go back and start configuring your phone usually.
- If the mobile has a Google account, you can skip it by putting the airplane mode and entering any password.
- The system will then start, and the apps will load.
- You can now remove the airplane mode to connect to the network again and continue with the configuration.
- The system will ask you to log in with your Mi account; you can create a new account to use the mobile from scratch.
That’s it; the permanent unlocking by server allows you to place a new Mi account and use the device without any problem.
Another alternative to unlocking your mobile blocked by Mi account is to install a Custom ROM, that is, a modified version of the original ROM, which can be based on MIUI or Android.
To install the new ROM, the first thing to do is unlock the bootloader of the mobile; for that, you can use a tool like Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool.
If you want to learn how to install a Custom ROM, check our article What is a Custom ROM and how to install one.
After carrying out the process, you will be able to enter your mobile again as if you had just bought it.
Now you know how to delete your Xiaomi account and unlink all devices permanently.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.