Despite having been behind for several years and there is a second generation, the Amazfit Bip from the Xiaomi subsidiary continues to be one of the most popular and best-valued smartwatches on the market, thanks above all to its simplicity of use and its price. Much lower than other devices of this type.
Of course, the Amazfit Bip is not without problems. The fact of having such simple software – especially when compared to other watches such as those based on the WearOS platform or the Apple Watch – entails some limitations that we would not find in other more expensive models. For example, the inability to restart the clock when it stops working or suffers a problem that prevents it from being used normally.
Fortunately, some methods allow you to turn the Amazfit Bip off and on again when it has been locked.
Your Amazfit Bip is not working well? So you can reset it
Several situations can cause an Amazfit Bip to crash: an update that has not been installed correctly or whose download is “hanging,” problems in the software itself, or any failure.
Unlike other devices, Amazfit does not include an option to reset the watch in the device settings. Therefore it is necessary to resort to other methods to turn it off and on again and, hopefully, solve the problems. Depending on the situation, the process to follow will be different:
If the watch shows problems but keeps running
Your error may show some malfunction – for example, notifications that do not arrive or apps that do not open – but it is still possible to move between the different menus and interact with the watch software. In this case, there should be no problem resetting the clock manually :
- Unlock the dial through the physical button located on the right side of the watch.
- On the face, swipe right from the left side of the screen and look for the “Settings” option.
- Go to the last available option by sliding up on the screen, and tap on “Power off.” Now, tap on “Accept.”
- Finally, turn the watch back on by pressing the button on the side of the watch for a long time.
That is all. If all goes well, the watch will normally work once you have turned it back on. If the problems continue, it may be a good idea to use the next method.
If the watch has stopped working properly
Some watch owners have repeatedly reported how their Amazfit Bip was completely blocked, and it was not possible to use it since the screen stopped responding. Of course, in this situation, it will not be possible to resort to the previous method since the option of accessing the clock menu to turn it off is ruled out. Therefore, you have to opt for a somewhat more drastic option:
- On your mobile, open the Mi Fit or Amazfit application – depending on which one you use to synchronize the watch.
- Go to the “Profile” section and tap on the name of your device.
- Go to the bottom of the application and tap on “Unlink.”
In this way, the association between the watch and the mobile phone will be removed, and the Amazfit Bip should restart automatically. Now, you can reconnect it and configure it without problems.