- It is a simple process, but necessary to receive all the news that Google launches.
The applications installed on your smartphone regularly receive updates to introduce new tools and security improvements from their developers. One of those that you should always keep updated is Google Chrome, the most popular web browser for Android.
Google constantly works on this application, so you must know how to update Google Chrome and always keep the browser updated. In addition to explaining all this, at the end of the article, we will see why it is so important that you keep Google Chrome updated on your mobile.
How to update Google Chrome for Android
Updating Google Chrome for Android is a simple process that you can do directly from the Google Play Store, the application store for Android. These are the steps you must follow:
- Open Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Open the side menu by sliding your finger from left to right on the screen or clicking on the button with three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
- In the options menu that appears, click on “My applications and games.”
- Within the “Updates” or “Installed” sections, search for Google Chrome and click on the “Update” button that appears on its right. After a few seconds of waiting, the application will be updated.
Another method to update Google Chrome on Android is to use alternative stores to Google Play Store, such as APKMirror. Enter the Google Chrome page in APKMirror and manually download and install the latest available version of the application. Thus, you will already have the latest Google Chrome news on your Android smartphone or tablet.
How to always keep Google Chrome for Android updated
Manually updating Google Chrome does not involve any work because it only takes a few seconds. Still, it is better than the application updates automatically, and you can not worry about looking if new versions of the app have arrived or not from time to time.
So you can always keep Google Chrome for Android updated:
- Enter the Google Play Store on your Android.
- Use the search engine to enter the main page of Google Chrome in the store.
- Click on the three-dot button in the upper right corner.
- Check the box “Update automatically” in the drop-down options menu.
In this way, the Google Chrome application on your device will download and install the latest available updates automatically, saving you all the time involved in the manual update process.
Why is it important to keep Google Chrome up to date
Keeping Google Chrome updated on your Android is important, first of all, to be able to use the new functions introduced by Google. The application is updated every month, with news such as changes in the tab panel.
Having the latest available version of Google Chrome is also important for performance reasons, as using old versions can affect the operation of the browser. How can you notice this? Suffering slow navigation through the pages, unexpected closings of the app, or that it does not respond to your requests.
Finally, keeping Google Chrome updated is necessary for security reasons. If you have an outdated version of the browser on your mobile, it is more vulnerable to possible cyberattacks that steal your personal information.
Features, performance, and security are the three reasons why always keeping Google Chrome up to date on your Android is so important. We have already seen that it can be updated automatically, so you will not have to worry about having a browser always up to date with the news.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.