There are many social networks and each one has a well-defined profile and purpose. Facebook is for connecting with other people, Instagram is for sharing photos and memories, TikTok is for unleashing your creativity, and then there’s Pinterest.
We find it hard to believe that today you do not know about this platform, since it is one of the most popular social networks in the world, far exceeding 400 million active users.
If you want to know everything about this platform, how it works, and, above all, how to take advantage of it personally and professionally, keep reading and we will tell you everything so that you can start pinning your content here.
Pinterest: what is it and how to use it?
Pinterest is a social network specialized in sharing images and videos with other users through “pins”. To do this, it is based on a “board” system, where you place all your content.
To make it easier to understand, we can relate it to a billboard, and on it, you place photos and videos that you like the most from other users or even your content with pins. This makes it ideal for entrepreneurs or freelancers who want to showcase their work.
The highlight of Pinterest is that it has become a source of inspiration for millions of people around the world, since it is possible to find content of any kind, from decoration, cooking, health, beauty, animals, cars, and everything that you can imagine.
Something that we must highlight is that the majority of Pinterest users are female, specifically more than 75% of the community. Even so, it does not mean that it is exclusively for women, as we told you previously, there is something for all tastes.
Now, its operation is quite simple. Simply register and create your profile. Once this is done, you can start looking for content that you like, either to share it on your board or to get inspired.
When you find something that you like, you can simply pin it, that is, add it to your digital board, in such a way that all the people who see your profile will also see that content.
In addition, you can create as many boards as you want and organize them as you like. That is one of the main advantages of Pinterest, you can customize it and give it your unique and special touch for everyone to see.
This becomes an incredible advantage for those who use this social network in the professional area, as it offers you an infinite range of possibilities to show your work, connect with your community and attract new users to your brand.
How to download Pinterest?
To use Pinterest you have many options. Fortunately, it is a cross-platform tool, that is, you can access it from multiple devices.
Currently, you can access Pinterest from your computer through your preferred browser and manage your profile from there. You can also download the app for Windows or Mac, depending on your case.
But it doesn’t end here, through its mobile app you can also manage your account, either from an iOS or Android device, totally free and no matter where you are.
The fact is that you have all the possible options to fully enjoy your experience within the social network and get the most out of this incredibly useful platform.
How to take advantage of Pinterest: 6 things you can do
Throughout this blog, we have told you that Pinterest is a social network focused on visuals. Precisely, this is one of the most outstanding points that you can apply in your favor to take advantage of it as a traditional user or as a professional.
There are many practices that you can apply to grow within this platform and any other, however, we share 6 tips that we consider essential for you to achieve success. These are:
- Show your products: you can create boards for each product, select the most outstanding or best-selling ones and leave them given to your customers. What’s more, you can create a “new” section and thus connect with your audience and tell them about your new projects or what you are working on.
- Create original content: one of the best ways to get the most out of Pinterest is by sharing original content, with which you can inspire other users and differentiate yourself from your competition.
- Be consistent: on Pinterest as on any platform, consistency and discipline are vital to achieving your goals. Create a strategy and follow it correctly, always keep your account and your community active.
- Stay visual: Remember that Pinterest focuses on photos and videos, so take advantage of it to exploit your content in those formats. Always take care of the details, that everything fits perfectly, maintain harmony in colors and shapes, and most important of all, that it demonstrates the personality and identity of your brand, project, or yours.
- Check the trends: to get the most out of Pinterest you must be up to date with the trends in your sector and exploit them in your favor, see what your competition is doing and adapt it to your project.
- Connect with your community: One of the best ways to be successful on Pinterest as on any platform is to connect with your community. Comment, repin and rate the content of other users, this will allow you to reach more people and above all, to show a more human side. Remember that social networks are about that, connecting people.
As you can see, Pinterest is an incredible tool to show the world what you are, what you do, and how you do it. We hope that all this information has been very useful to you and that you can make the most of this social network.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.