Roku app is one of the trusted and reliable platforms that you can use to stream TV channels. As the world is continuing to evolve day by day, and transitioning from the traditional way of doing things, like watching cable TV, the Roku app is also being embraced. With this app on your computer, you can enjoy watching different kinds of content.
With the Roku app, you do not need a smart TV. Just download it on your computer, and you will stream the channels that the app has to offer. Initially, the Roku software was designed to run on Streaming Media Players, but not on computers. However, due to technological advancement, and to be in step with the technological evolution and civilization that the world is undergoing, it is now possible to stream Roku on laptops.
Watch Roku on PC
There is a Roku app version that is specifically designed for your PC that has the following features:
- Unlimited content: You will have the freedom to choose from myriad genres of content that the Roku app has in store for you. The content includes TV shows, films, sports, music, etc., and the content is also updated from time to time, to have something new for you.
- Versatile remote: The Roku app also acts as the remote. With a good internet connection, you can easily control your Roku player. This enables you to watch the diverse channels that are available, and you can easily search for what you want by typing the title of the show, film, or music that you want using the in-app keyboard. It has an enhanced user-interface that is very friendly to use without struggling.
- Mirroring from a mobile device: When you want to refresh your memory by watching videos and pictures that you took years ago with friends and family, you can mirror that content on a large screen. That requires you to transfer them to your PC, either wirelessly, or using a USB cable.
- Custom name your devices: If you are using the Roku app, you can make it more efficient by naming the devices individually for easy control.
- The Roku channel store: There is a whopping 1800 channels that you can easily access on the Roku channel store. All these are in different genres and diverse languages, and you will choose them depending on your tastes and preferences. You cannot fail to find something that entertains you among all these channels. The Roku PC app provides you with an option to add, browse, and rate channels depending on how you experienced them.
- A customizable search bar: You will marvel at the customized search bar that is integrated into this app. It enhances your search experience, and you can easily find whatever you want on it. Specifically, the search options are many, to make it easier to get what you are searching for.
Using the Roku app on your laptop or PC
The first formula of getting the Roku app on your computer is by installing it with Bluestacks, using this procedure:
- Start by downloading the latest version of Bluestacks on your computer that runs on Windows 10 Operating System. You can find it on their website
- Install the Android emulator on your computer, and you will be good to go
- Sign in with your Google account when the emulator starts working. This requires high-speed internet connection to make things efficient
- Start Play Store on the Bluestacks emulator. Then, press the search box to find the Roku app. When you get it, click Install
- After installing the app, sign in with your Roku account
Here is the second formula that you can use to get the Roku app on your computer using the Nox Player:
- Start by installing the most recent version of Nox Player, which you will get in their official website. It will be the software that acts as the Roku emulator
- After installing this player on your computer that runs on Windows 10 OS, proceed to launching the Android emulator, and sign in with your Google account. You can also create a new one
- Start Play Store, and find the Roku app. If it is not there, you can side-load it
- Use your Roku account ID to gain access
Roku app download
When you download this app on your PC, it becomes a versatile tool that you use to watch whatever kind of content you want, and also ensures that the data that you have saved online is safe and secure.
The Roku PC app is software that was engineered to run on Windows 10 Operating system. With this app on your PC, you will view all Roku channels on your computer, as long as you have an active account. It also integrates Cortana, which is set in place to help you search for your favourite directors, and characters.
This app is available on the Microsoft Store. Wherefore, whenn you visit this store, you will search for this app and find it.
How to watch Roku on laptop
After downloading and installing the Roku app on your computer, you can start watching comfortably. So, what are some of the favourite channels that you should choose? Even if you do not want to subscribe to a premium plan, you can easily watch free channels that have good content. Some of the popular channels on Roku air, films, TV shows, live broadcasting channels, etc.
For instance, you can watch Sci-fi films, horrors, anime shows, etc. If you do not want to continue spending on Roku, you can choose and add Roku free channels by following this stepwise guide:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to open the home screen
- Select Streaming Channels, and press OK on your remote. You will see a long list of available channels that air content in different genres
- Choose Top Free Films and TV, and press OK on your remote
- Browse the Free Roku Channels
Since Roku keeps on updating its channel store, you will not get tired of watching new content. The popular channels on Roku make it easier for you to stream popular TV shows, and blockbuster films. Moreover, it is becoming easier day by day, to access Live TV Channels. You can pin the guide to the home screen for ease of accessibility.
Apart from the free Roku channels, even premium ones also have free trial periods of 7 days. Within this period, you will stream for free, to have a taste of what the channels offer. After that, you can either cancel, or pay to continue streaming. Some of the channels that are aired on Roku include:
- Amazon Prime Video
- HBO Max
- Disney Plus
These are some of the devices that help you to stream Roku channels:
- Roku Express HD: If you have a standard HD TV, this is the right device that you need. You will get the same Roku menus and channels just like what other set top boxes have. However, it does not have the voice search feature and you cannot use it to control your TV’s volume.
Live TV channel guide
After launching the Roku Channel, you will see a Live TV tile appearing on your Home Screen. When you click this tile, you get access to the guide. There are many channels that you can watch through the Live TV channel guide, and all of them are under different genres like:
- TV and Films
- Game Shows
- Family and Kids
- Entertainment News
- Science and Nature
- Talk Shows
- Spanish Language
You will also get content from premium channels like:
These are renowned channels, whose content is remarkable. You will be privileged to watch them, and get surprised to find yourself still watching at 2 AM. All the aforementioned genres have lots of content that you can comfortably watch alone, or with your buddies and family.
When you subscribe to the Roku service, you will access distinguished channels like:
- Apple TV+
- HBO Max, etc.
You can also stream Roku with your Smartphone, and mirror the content on the Roku Smart TV. This is easy, because you just have to connect the two devices to one Wi-Fi network, so that they can have a point of contact. Then use the necessary procedure to make it happen.
Initially, it was hard to stream Roku on your PC or laptop, but with the technological advancement, it is now possible. However, there are users who complain that streaming Roku on your computer with the app brings about issues.
You now have it! If you have a laptop, or a Windows 10 PC, you can stream Roku from anywhere. There are many channels, both free and premium ones that are available for you. However, to get the topnotch channels on Roku, you have to subscribe.
Denis is an article/blog and content writer with over 3 years of experience in writing on different niches, including product reviews, buyer’s guide, health, travel, fitness, technology, tourism. I also have enough experience in SEO writing.