Despite the multiple benefits that streaming platforms offer, we cannot let it pass that they sometimes have drawbacks that must be solved. In this case, we will solve the problems of the Amazon Prime video service on Samsung Smart TV.
And it is not a secret for anyone that every day some users arise with questions, doubts, and problems associated with connected devices, network saturation, black screens, unexpected restarts, or platform freezing.
If you have had problems with Amazon Prime Video or it does not work properly on a Samsung Smart TV or another device that is years old, do not despair. In this article, we will show you all the possible solutions.
Amazon Prime Video isn’t working properly – here’s what to do
Generally, Amazon Prime Video freeze and reboot issues usually occur on TVs that are more than 5-6 years old. So if your Samsung TV is from 2015 – 2016 or an older one, it is possible that when you start, the screen will freeze, or in the worst case, you have quality and audio failures.
This problem is mainly because most of these computers are not receiving updates. However, to try to solve the situation, some manufacturers like Samsung are offering improvements in their operating systems to support streaming platforms or optimize some flaws.
Below, you can see some solutions to help when Amazon Prime is not working on Samsung Smart TV.
Delete the app
If you have recently had problems with Amazon Prime on your Samsung Smart TV, try removing the application and reinstalling it. But be careful, as sometimes there may no longer be Amazon support for your Smart TV model. The solution will be to wait for the new firmware from the developer or buy a more updated TV.
If you don’t know how to do it, follow these steps:
- Enter the official Prime Video page.
- Log in by entering your credentials, either username, and password.
- Go directly to “Account and settings.” Go into Amazon Prime Video account settings and constantly clean up.
- Find the device that is currently having problems and click on “Unregister.” Similarly, perform a general check and cancel all devices out of use.
Use other TV devices.
If none of the solutions described above work for you, all you have to do is wait for a statement from Amazon and Samsung for a possible system update. But if you are not patient, another solution to the problems of Amazon Prime Video on Samsung Smart TV is to make an investment and buy a new device.
Another good option, especially if you want to spend less than a TV, would be to buy a Chromecast. In this case, you can opt for the Amazon Fire TV Stick Full HD or Ultra HD with Alexa voice control, which you can get on Amazon from 33.99 euros to 59.99 euros. With one of these devices, you can calmly view the entire catalog of series and movies on your Smart TV.
Download to watch offline
Sometimes Amazon Prime Video does not work correctly due to Internet failures; in these cases, it would be best to hire a new service. While this is happening, you could download your favorite series and movies from Android, iOS, and Fire mobiles/tablets. Only then will you be able to look at them when you present this type of connection failure. For this process, do the following:
- Enter the Amazon Prime app from Android, iOS, or Fire.
- Select the series or movie you want to view in offline mode.
- Press the “Download” icon.
- Select the quality: Best, Best, Good, or Economy.
- Wait as long as it takes to complete the download.
Reset SmartHub Settings
Samsung has a very interesting function that helps improve the performance of your TV. It is a complete reset of the system settings, where apart from deleting the settings, you can also delete all the accounts and saved apps. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on the TV with the remote control.
- Press the “Menu or Settings” button. The location of the button will depend on the type of remote.
- You will see several options accompanied by icons.
- Locate the cloud icon in the “Self Diagnosis” menu.
- When you open this section, you will see several options that will help check the TV in case of possible failures. These include Start Picture Test, Start Sound Test, Signal Information, Start SmartHub Connection Test, Reset SmartHub, Restore.
- Select “Reset SmartHub” to reset the Samsung account and Smart Hub settings saved on your TV.
- Enter the PIN code: 0000.
- Again confirm that you want to reset Smart Hub.
- Wait a considerable amount of time for the changes to take effect. You can do this, especially if your Smart TV does not work fluently.
Sharlene Meriel is an avid gamer with a knack for technology. He has been writing about the latest technologies for the past 5 years. His contribution in technology journalism has been noteworthy. He is also a day trader with interest in the Forex market.