Most televisions come with a hotel mode function that blocks the guests from altering the TV’s setting. Hotel mode disables many usage options like channel searching or even adding a third-party device. If you don’t like the content set on your LG hotel TV, there are different things you can do to unlock it.
How To Get the Hidden Menu on Your LG TV
If you accidentally set your LG TV on hotel mode, your television will not display the secret menu. To access the service menu, ensure you have the original LG remote.
Follow these simple steps to unlock hotel mode.
- From your remote, press the input button on the remote. Once open, set the TV mode as the input source. Next, select any channel for you to be able to access the service menu.
- Afterward, press the remote menu icon and the TV menu button simultaneously.
- Release both buttons once a message pop up on your television screen.
- Type in 0000 as your password.
- If you are using the original LG remote, the enter button is located in the middle of your remote to verify the password.
- If 0000 digits don’t work as your password, you can try entering the following codes: 8743, 8741, 0413, 8878, or 7777.
- Once your television displays the service menu, you can change the TV’s settings, the firmware version, system volume levels, and many more.
How To Unlock LG TV Hotel Mode Without Using a Remote
You can unlock the LG hotel mode using two methods.
- First, check whether your television is connected to any other wire other than the power cable.
- If you find another cable other than the power cable, detach it. Doing this will likely disconnect your television from hotel mode.
- Re-attach the cable to check whether the television is still in hotel mode or not.
If you find your television is still in the hotel mode, try the second method described below.
- If you have a Smartphone or a tablet, you can download the universal remote app from your phone’s Appstore. To get the right remote, ensure you check if it has positive reviews from the comment section.
- Once you download the app, check whether it’s working with the hotel LG TV.
- If it’s working, look for the Instart option in your universal remote.
- You will be asked to enter a password—enter 0413, 0000, or 1105 for the LG television.
- Once the password is accepted, an installation menu will appear on your screen.
- You can use the installation menu to choose your preferred settings, including leaving the hotel mode.
- Ensure you master the steps you’re following to not change into a language you don’t know or change something irreversible.
Unlock the Old LG TV Version from a Hotel Mode
If you use the older LG version, you need to use a different method to unlock it. How to unlock the hotel mode from LG TV depends on the LG TV’s model. However, most versions use a general guideline as described below.
- Long-press the remote menu button and the television menu button simultaneously until a factory menu icon appears on your TV’s screen.
- Press the LG hotel setup option to toggle it to a no, and then select okay.
- Next, press the menu icon again and turn off your TV.
- Once open, restart the television to unlock the hotel mode version.
Unlocking LG TV Hotel Mode with the Remote
If you are lucky enough to have a remote in your hotel room, it will be easier to unlock the hotel mode. There are two different methods you can apply to unlock LG TV hotel mode.
- From your remote, locate the Setting or Home icon and press the button for at least 5 seconds.
- A pop-up message will appear on your television screen requiring you to enter a code. Be fast when entering 1105 as your code because you won’t continue if 5 seconds pass.
- Once open, you will be able to access the setup page.
- On the setup page, you will be able to set your preferred settings.
- Restart the television to save your changes.
- This method involves long-pressing the menu setting option for at least 20 seconds.
- A pop-up message will appear, don’t stop pressing the buttons until the dialogue box disappears.
- Now. Enter 32663 as your code. Once you enter the code, a D box will appear on a new page. Toggle the box to turn it off.
- Next, restart your television and check whether the hotel mode will be disabled or not.
How To Access Your Favorite Shows on LG TVs with Third-Party Apps
You can still access your favorite apps even when the remote is not there. In this case, you use a third-party app called ThinQ to change the TV’s input. However, you need to have a Smartphone or a PC to use this method. To use the app, follow these simple steps.
- From your Smartphone, open the Appstore and search for the word LG ThinQ.
- Download and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
- Next, turn on the television and ensure you connect both devices using the same Wi-Fi.
- From your phone, open the ThinQ app and select the + icon located at the upper side of the screen.
- Follow the given on-screen instructions and then press okay.
- From your television, press the Home icon and go to the TV option.
- The app on your phone will scan for available devices. If your LG television appears on the search list, select it.
- A verification code will appear on the television screen. Enter the verification code on your phone to pair them.
- After pairing the devices, you can now change your TV’s settings using the app.
How To Teset Your LG Television to a Hotel Mode
If you’re a hotel owner and want to set your television to hotel mode, you can easily do that without using a remote. To reset your LG TV to hotel mode, follow these steps:
- Long press the home button for about ten seconds.
- A menu icon will appear and then disappear.
- Next, a channel list will appear, and you have to enter 1105 as your password.
- You will be directed to the installation menu.
- You can now toggle on the hotel modes.
How To Reset Your LG Hotel TV
Sometimes you might be forced to reset your television to exit the hotel mode. To hard reset the LG TV:
- Long-press the power button for about ten seconds, and you will be given an option to reset the television. Press the reset option, and you will be able to get rid of all passwords and locks.
- If the above option fails to work, you can reset your television by removing the battery. The battery is mainly located at the back panel of your LG TV.
- Wait for a couple of hours before you reinstall the battery.
Be careful when resetting a hotel TV because it can develop problems that will cost you.
As technology advance, so does TV technology. Most smart TVs come with a hotel mode option that allows large institutions such as hotels and hospitals to control their visitors’ content. However, you can get frustrated when your favorite channel or show gets locked. Whether there is a remote or not, you can unlock it yourself by following the methods given above.
Denis is an article/blog and content writer with over 3 years of experience in writing on different niches, including product reviews, buyer’s guide, health, travel, fitness, technology, tourism. I also have enough experience in SEO writing.